Classwork|18.02.2020

page 127, grammar 32

ex.1

Underline the correct word or phrase in each sentence.

a) I met Tina a day/one day last week.
b) In these day/nowadays everyone seems to watch too much television.
c) This morning/ the morning i was busy in the garden.
d) We have to finish this project by/until the end of the week.
e) Bye. I'll see you the day after tomorrow/the next day.
f) During/While the film i remembered where I'd left my keys.
g) John played tennis, and after/afterwards had a shower.
h) Helen's birthday is in/on January 10th.

ex.3

Complete each sentence with one suitable word.

a) Would you like to go out on my birthday?
b) Rita moved to this town four years ago.
c) I won't phone Jason now. I'll phone him after.
d) I woke up twice at the night.
e) The midnight the frog turned into a prince.
f) People in cities used to take the bus, but nowadays most use their cars.
g) Luckily Rachel arrived just in time to catch the train.
h) We felt fine in the restaurant, but we both felt ill afterwards.


Комментарии