Check your progress|16.11.2020



1. Grammar

a. Complete the sentences. Use the correct form of the past simple or present perfect simple.

1. I’ve never had (never have) a surprise party.

2. I left (leave) school last June.

3. Why do you don’t told (not tell) me yesterday?

4. I still have not sent (not send) an email to Dave. I’ll do it now.

5. How long has she had (have) that piercing? It looks new.

6. Had you gone (go) to the cinema last night?


b. Complete the story. Use the correct form of the past simple or past continuous.

A few years ago, when I was (be) a student, I arranged (arrange) to meet a friend who visited (visit) London for a weekend.

Unfortunately, I forgot (forget) to ask him one very important thing – the full name and address of his hotel. I did not have (not have) any way to contact him, so I just decided (decide) to look for him in the busiest street in the city! What have I thought (think)? Anyway, I began to give up when – you’ve guessed it – I looked (look) up and saw (see) my friend. He walked (walk) straight towards me, with a big smile on his face.


2. Vocabulary

a. Complete the sentences with the verbs in the box.

1. Why is he gesturing at you like that? Have you done something wrong?

2. If you cant hear me, you could nod forward a little.

3. Just lean your head if it’s too painful to talk.

4. Do I look nervous? I feel terrified!

5. I’ve been trying to make eye contact with her for ages, but she’s not looking this way.

6. Give him a warm smile and everything will be fine.

7. When you fold you arms, does it mean you’re upset with me?


b. Complete the sentences with the correct form of say or tell.


1. Have you ever told a joke where no one laughed?

2. She never said goodbye when she leaves the house.

3. I cant tell the difference between these computers.

4. I crashed my bike into the wall and my dad really tell me off.

5. It’s never too late to say sorry.

6. He didn’t even said thank you for the present.

Комментарии